The Biblical Purpose & Mission of the Church
All bible verse references are New King James Version. Move your mouse over the verse reference to see the scripture. We recommend that you use your own Bible but if that is not available, check out BibleGateway.com.
Primary Call of the Lord:
Worship (Center life on Him) and Serve Him (Mt 4:10b)
- By coming to KNOW the Lord through His Word (John 17:3)
- By the Filling ofthe Spirit & Residing in Truth (John 4:23)
- By Communicating with Him in Prayer (Heb 4: 16)
- By Learning and Obeying His Commands (Deut 13:4)
- By using Music to Rejoice in Him and Praise Him (Ps 9:2)
- By Serving Him with Spiritual Gifts (1 Tim 4:14)
- By Observing the Ordinances
- Baptism (Mt 28:19b)
- Communion (1 Cor 11:26)
- By Our Giving of Glory and Offerings (1 Chr 16:29)
Make Disciples (Mt 28: 19a) (Fully Mature Self-functioning Believers)
- By Means ofEvangelism (Mt 28: 19)
- Foreign Fields -Missionary Support (Acts 1:8)
- Local Fields -Home Missions Support (Acts 1 :8)
- Personal Evangelism -Training & Action (John 1 :40-41)
- By Means of "Teaching to observe all things" (Mt 28:20)
- Christ to dwell in our Hearts (Eph 3: 17)
- Rooted in Love (Eph 3: 17)
(KnowinglKeeping His Commands) (1 Jn 5:3)
- To Comprehend All God's Plan (Eph 3:18-19)
Examples ofHow God's People Functioned Biblically
- The Example ofthe Early Church (Acts 2:42)
- Learning Doctrine (Basis knowing and Obeying)
- Meeting for Fellowship
- Observing Communion
- Offering Prayers
- Example Ministries
- Teaching Children (Christian Education)
(Deut 6:7a) (Including Christian and Rome School Support)
- Feeding and Distributing Food to Believers (Acts 6:1)
- Care for Widows/Orphans (1 Tim 5: 16)
- Support for Believers in Particular need (Isa 1:17)
- Imparting Justice (Church courts 1 Cor 6:4)
- Stand Against Oppressors
- Uphold the Widow & Orphan
- To build believers secure in their own faith.
- To build Christian Leaders able to lead & teach others.
- To see the establishment ofsound Christian Families
- To have a congregation "living the faith" in the church.
- To have a congregation "living the faith" in the world.
- To ultimately Glorify God in all things.
(c)1989, 1999,2004,2012 Rev Paul R. Schmidtblcicher, Th.M.